- Labourers are made aware of the Social Teachings of the Church, rights of the workers and the various schemes of the government for the welfare of the workers.
- Provide booklets/leaflets on Social Teachings of the Church.
- Hold seminars to make the workers aware of ILO pronouncements on workers’ rights to and give information about the various schemes available with the state and the central governments.
- Organize seminars for the priests and the religious of the Diocese to make them aware of the basic human rights of the workers, labour laws and the schemes of the government.
- Celebrate the International Workers’ Day on 01 May and all ensure that the Parishes, Mission Units and religious institutions receive relevant material for celebrating the occasion.
- All Parish and Mission Unit territories are made child labour free areas.
- Identify, rescue, rehabilitate and prevent child labour in collaboration with the government and non-government organizations.
- Help priests and religious to be part of government bodies like Child Welfare Committee and of Non-Government Organization network to ensure the education and protection of children.
- Celebration of Anti- Child Labour Day on 12 June by those institutions that are working for the rehabilitation of child labourers, to create awareness among the public on the evils of child labour. All the construction workers in our parish/ mission unit area are registered under the Karnataka
- Construction Workers’ Welfare Schemes and get the government benefits.
- Register all the construction workers under the Karnataka. Construction Workers’ Welfare Schemes.
- Conduct meetings of the registered workers to make them aware of the benefits from the government as a regular feature.
- Migrant workers are helped to integrate themselves into the local community.
- Conduct a survey of the migrant workers in the districts of Shimoga, Davanagere and Chitradurga of the Diocese.
- Start a migrant desk for the Diocese to cater to the needs of migrant workers.